Anyone recognize these vases converted into lamps?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Aug 29, 2024.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I do not have the measurements as I forgot to get them. Trying to get through staging! There are a pair - obviously a vase made into a lamp - the foot is octagonal and looks like a marriage to the base. I originally thought they might be Mottahedeh with stylized tobacco leaf decor. I think the underside is covered but I will check tomorrow morning and see if that is helpful. This client has passed away but was married to Delta pilot and was a flight attendant for 50+ years. She traveled everywhere. It is looking to be a great estate sale but it has to be appointment only due to the HOA. I hope that isn't the kiss of death!
    Thank you for looking! lamp2.jpg lamp1.jpg lamp.jpg

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The way that top is shaped Im pretty sure they were always lamps.

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Speaking generally... I wish people would stop replacing lamp shades.

Debora

4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

It just seemed so strange to have an octagonal foot set in a round base? Looked a bit odd.

kentworld likes this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

It does -- stranger things have happened! But I do agree with Johnny.

Figtree3 and laura9797 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted