Anyone know the value / provenance of this vase?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Antiquer#66, Nov 22, 2023.

1. Antiquer#66

Antiquer#66 New Member

Hello,

Might anyone know the value / provenance of this vase?

Appreciate your help.

Attached Files:

judy and moreotherstuff like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Hello #66. We are not a valuation site, but there are members who can help you ID your vase and point you toward places and ways to find similars that have sold.

Provenance is the history of an item - ownership trail if you will. Obviously impossible to determine from a picture on a computer screen. Perhaps you meant to ask something else?

judy, komokwa, NewEngland and 3 others like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I assume the marks on the bottom are Chinese (or maybe Korean). Hopefully, someone will come along that can read them. This type of high quality hammered copper work is more typical of Japan and the West, than either of those two countries. As such, it is a bit of a conundrum.

judy and komokwa like this.
  4. Antiquer#66

Antiquer#66 New Member

Ok, no problem. I will make my queries more general in future. Thanks for clearing up the antiques specific definition of 'provenance'. Good to know!

Thanks verybrad, it looks a bit Japanese to my amateur eye, but I know nothing of the marks.

Hopefully, someone on the forum might know something of the history, maker, quality and rarity, or otherwise of this item.

judy likes this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Please do also list measurements of your items, too, thanks! :)
    Your photos include nothing for scale and it's impossible to tell if the vase is 3 inches tall or 12 inches tall...

Any Jewelry, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.