Anyone know production dates for Royal Copenhagen Henriette pattern?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by crazycrowlady, Oct 8, 2020.

1. crazycrowlady

crazycrowlady Active Member

I've come across a gorgeous Henriette plate that I'd like to put a time period to. What I've found online is that the 3 wavy lines with no other marks, like a crown, should be 1870-1890. But other Henriette pieces I've looked at are from the early to mid 1900s, so that seems too early? Any RC experts who know the dates for this pattern?

(plate pic included just b/c it's lovely)
    20201008_162053 copy.jpg 20201008_161744 copy.jpg

Thanks!!

quirkygirl likes this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Can't help, but VERY PRETTY!!!!:):)

crazycrowlady and Debora like this.
  3. crazycrowlady

Ha! That is pretty much sums up my entire existence on this site! "Gorgeous, don't know" :-D

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Ditto! But it's LOVELY!! :cat::joyful:

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

antidiem and crazycrowlady like this.
  6. crazycrowlady

I ended up writing Royal Copenhagen, and they actually wrote me right back! Amazing customer service - if I can ever afford them, they'll have a customer for life. :)

Anyway, just wanted to post this for posterity in case anyone else searches for this someday. It's not exactly pattern dates, but very helpful:

"The decoration ”Henriette”, decoration 444, is an “Empire/Biedermeier” style revival from c. 1915.
    Originally the angular shape was designed c. 1836 by G.F.Hetsch as a tea set.
    Around 1910 Arnold Krog added dinner ware parts.
    Your plate was produced c. 1915 – 1931."

antidiem, janetpjohn and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted