Anyone familiar with Neundorf ceramics?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sedona, Jul 28, 2024.

1. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

I came across a ceramic piece online that interests me.

It’s marked Neundorf. I presume it’s German, but it doesn’t have the country of origin marked on it. I don’t know if that makes the item pre-1930, or just not made for the US import market.

I’ve seen some figurines for sale online with this mark. The website for one figurine says the factory closed in 1939, but another website says the company operated in the 1980s. So, my research hasn’t yielded consistent information.

Any information, including approximate manufacture date, would be appreciated.

Thanks!

IMG_3636.jpeg

2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. Chris Marshall

Chris Marshall Well-Known Member

The linked item (with the 400+ price tag) had a wholesales price of just under ten US dollars. An expensive slip-up if one falls for it.

The made-up Neundorf history (closed 1939 and all that nonsense) was part of their cover-up; they imported cheap custom-marked stuff from a known Chinese producer and sold the goods mainly on eBay and their own brick&mortar store in Bavaria. Operational only for less than ten years; closed 2011/2012.

7. Sedona

Sedona Well-Known Member

Wow! That is crazy! I had no idea!

Thank you, everyone. I can’t believe how much the nude is selling for (of course, anyone can ask anything).

Draft saved Draft deleted