Anyone able to help identify this style

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bwillg, Apr 18, 2023.

1. Bwillg

Bwillg New Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help identify the style of this Jardiniere With Pedestal?
    Has been left from my late parents, but have yet to be able to find this particular design style, have found similar in different colours, but base looks different. The onky markings are words royal on bowl base with a blue mark, the blue mark is also matched on pedestal base.
    Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Bwillg!

Welcome to Antiquers.

Please insert photos directly here. Use the Upload a File button below.

sabre123, Any Jewelry and Bwillg like this.
  3. Bwillg

Bwillg New Member

Hi sorry been having issues trying to get photos under 1mb hopefully they are showing now

Attached Files:

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Viewable!

I wish I could help............lovely piece. Others will offer opinions.

Bwillg likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Bwillg. We cannot see your Gallery pictures because they are set to Private. By changing them to Public all members will see them in your first post.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

All new members have difficulty posting photographs in their first post or two, Bwillg. Not to worry.

Debora

7. Bwillg

Bwillg New Member

Hi, Thanks I think I have now set the album to public, hopefully will all work now.

Bakersgma likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Now tell us... Where in the world did you find it? And what were you told about it?

Debora

komokwa, Bakersgma and KylieS like this.
  9. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

Stylistically I would say rococo revival, but I can't help with the marks I'm afraid.

Bwillg likes this.
  10. Bwillg

Bwillg New Member

Well I didn't find it as such, it used to belong to my nan, then when she passed my dad had it, then when he passed it has just been sat in conservatory with a bird of paradise plant in it.
    But it has come now to stage where I need to start to do bit of clearing out, and this item has always stumped me.
    My Nan and most family have always lived in Midlands UK.

Figtree3 and Bakersgma like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Thank you. That is helpful.

Debora

12. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Last edited: Apr 18, 2023
  13. KylieS

KylieS Well-Known Member

I've been scouting a little for this mark and have only found there are many unsigned examples of these large pieces. But in any case, even without a definitive answer on the maker, it would worth a fair few bob as a decorator piece - here's a damaged example est 1000-1500 pounds (though don't know what the actual sale price was)
    https://www.invaluable.com/v2/aucti...jardiniere-on-stand-19th-cen-147-c-8970ad1357
    Personally I think yours would have wider appeal and if you xan find the maker, maybe even better!

Figtree3, johnnycb09 and Bwillg like this.
  14. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Sold: £1,500 GBP in 2011.

Figtree3 and KylieS like this.
  15. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

16. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Apologies, I didn't include the link above to the Forester sale. It's been corrected.

17. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Those colours are very McIntyre.

Figtree3 likes this.
  18. Bwillg

Bwillg New Member

Hi, may I ask what Mcintyre is?

19. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

@Ownedbybear , can you help?

20. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Sorry! McIntyre Pottery, late nineteenth. Moorcroft worked there before going it alone.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted