Any Rock & Roll fans here? Need help IDing photo of 2 sleeping musicians (I think!)

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, May 15, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Someone at my estate sale today saw this photograph under some magazines & took a photo of it, then a little while ago he text me asking if I'd hold it and he'd come buy it tomorrow. When I asked if he found out who it was, he said "No, I just like it"
    Just to be sure I'm hoping someone here can tell who they are - I thought Allman Brothers/Greg Allman & the buyer said he thought they were from the Grateful Dead - I'd like to know who they are so I can get an idea what the photo is worth.
    Thank you!

photograph rock & roll singers sleeping 1aa.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The Allman Brothers.

Debora

Figtree3, evelyb30 and i need help like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

4. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

6. i need help

• Getting some rumors on the net, photographer may be Annie Leibovitz, but need to confirm.

judy likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You've been sniped!

Debora

i need help likes this.
  8. i need help

I think the buyer is Full of Soup and Beans! He knows who it is. :hilarious:

judy, Any Jewelry and Aquitaine like this.
  9. journeymagazine

I'm almost postive it's a photograph - is it worth opening to see? Were there more than 1 & if so were any put up for sale to get an idea what it's worth - he offered $20(!)?
    I may open back of it just to see if there is any info about Annie Leibovitz rights to photo, etc, right?
    Thank you!

judy likes this.
  10. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Duane on the left, Gregg on the right.

Duane Allman: my favorite rock and roll guitarist of all time!

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. journeymagazine

It's a photograph, but it is sandwiched between foam board back and a frame/matting on front of it that are glued together.
    I looked and found 2 photographs of Yoko and John that sold for $26,000 + other photographs by her for sale but none of this photograph - is it a common photograph available (a real photograph not a print, etc)? Can anyone find one for sale or has sold to get an idea if it has any value - or is it not a big deal & the $20 offer fair?
    Thanks

judy likes this.
  12. journeymagazine

Here's one of her photographs mounted & matted; which is what mine looks like
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/333919891505?hash=item4dbf2d3031:g:FCQAAOSw1K5feK~y

I also found some of her photographs of celebrities by Anneie (Demi Moore, etc) selling for around $295 - but again none of the Allman brothers for sale (there are a lot on pininterest but if they are for sale I can't tell (pininterest - to me - is like a photo album of everyone's photo albums!) - If this is worth $200+ I'll sell it myself on eBay!

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Agree.:)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted