Any recognize contemporary Japanese impressed mark on plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by laura9797, Nov 7, 2021.

1. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I am assuming this is Japanese - contemporary. I think the sea life around the plate are fun and would like to find out the company to purchase more for our beach house. I checked Gotheborg and google but didn't find anything?
    Thanks for looking! sealife.png sealife1.png sealife2.png

Bakersgma, NewEngland and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

laura9797 and NewEngland like this.
  3. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Looks something like 兀ち皿 - not sure if the first character is right though as it doesn't seem to fit, and may be the makers mark. The final character means 'plate' so it's possibly a descriptor saying what kind of plate it is rather than a makers mark. Japanese can be read in forward or reverse (and down columns) so it could also be 皿ち which would be 'plate chi' - the 'chi' is phonetic.

NewEngland, Any Jewelry and laura9797 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted