Any Pink Floyd Fans Here? Info on 2004 Pink Floyd Caracas Concert Tee?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Sep 5, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me about this Pink Floyd concert t shirt from Caracas Venezuela? I found it at a thrift store some time ago & have held on to it trying to find out anything about it - but for the life of me I can't find another - and if it is real/original it's valuable!

One problem is the tag is missing; which would have made it easier to find another if real.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CLOTHES T SHIRT PINK FLOYD 1AA.JPG CLOTHES T SHIRT PINK FLOYD 2AA.JPG CLOTHES T SHIRT PINK FLOYD 3AA.JPG CLOTHES T SHIRT PINK FLOYD 4AA.JPG

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hum... It says "Nuestro Tributo" or "Our Tribute" so thinking it wasn't a tour tee. Let's see what we can find.

Debora

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You're out of luck. From the online Venezuelan news source Analítica:

"El evento comienza el Martes 25 con cuatro charlas sobre artes visuales, música, psicología e influencia de Pink Floyd. Teatro Trasnocho, 8 pm."

which translates to:

The event begins Tuesday the 25th with four talks about the visual arts, music, psychology and influence of Pink Floyd. Trasnocho Theater, 8 p.m.

More what we'd call a conference in English. Took place again in 2007.

(Pink Floyd hasn't toured since 1994, by way.)

Debora

4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Some band tour tshirts are worth a lot of money!
    Make sure to list it "auction style" for best results!
    @journeymagazine :cat:

5. journeymagazine

It's a pink Floyd conference t shirt??
    A guy from Caracas who saw it last week spoke about polar being the sponsor - I guess it's a big drink there - and offered me $75 for; which is when I decided to check here!
    ummm... has anyone heard of a rock band conference t shirt?? (Going to look that up!)
    Thank you Debora and antidem!

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yeah, a Pink Floyd conference tee shirt. (Apparently, it's a thing. Even Princeton does 'em.) Polar is a popular Venezuelan beer. A lager to be specific. And El Nacional, the other bit sponsor, is the newspaper with the largest circulation in the country. Personally, I don't get it. But who's to argue with $$?

https://pinkfloydconference.princeton.edu

Here's a bad translation (not mine) about some of the the activities:

"In 2004 a series of concerts were performed at the Teatro Trasnocho and the Aula Magna of the Universidad Central de Venezuela in Caracas by more than 30 local bands in order to do a 4-Day tribute to Pink Floyd, one of the most important bands in the history of music during the last 40 years."

Debora

808 raver likes this.
  7. journeymagazine

Thanks again Debora - learn something new every day!

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yeah. I mean why Pink Floyd? Why Venezuela?

Debora

Potteryplease likes this.
  9. journeymagazine

Debora - one more favor? I looked for this post to get the artist's name (or who it was copied from) but I can't find it! Help (again) please!

ART PAINTING LADY ON HORSE ANTIQUE PAINTING NO SIGNATURE 1AA.JPG

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The location is Seville. (The Giralda Tower is in the background.) Let's see what we can find.

Debora

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Manuel Barrón y Carrillo according to the internet.

Debora

R-3607501-1337173967-6373.jpeg

12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

13. journeymagazine

How did you find it??!! I searched painting and looked at every pist with my avatar!

14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Dunno. Just came up. Lucky, I guess.

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted