Featured Any Norwegian experts?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Barry Stephen, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Barry Stephen

Barry Stephen Active Member

Hi all, I picked this up due to its vintage look and am 99% sure its from Drangesgaard , Norway and its signed PE Ch. Plenty similar examples on line on various sites but I am unable to determine if Drangesgaard is a place, a factory, a studio or a collective? Same with the signature, nobody seems to mention the artist in full anywhere. I like to know more regarding what I find, its part of the fun after all :).
    Mine only has the signature , not the Drangesgaard impressed stamp so I wonder why, maybe older or younger piece by the artist when he wasn't there?

Plate measures 6" by 1/2" (15 by 11/2 cm)
    grateful for your thoughts.. IMG_Pech1s.jpg IMG_Pech2s.jpg IMG_Pech3s.jpg IMG_Pech4s.jpg

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

bercrystal and Barry Stephen like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Where did you see the impressed mark?

Can you post it here?

bercrystal and Barry Stephen like this.
  4. Barry Stephen

just realised I added an extra 'e' its drangsgaard.

could just be a surname as there seems to be a Rolf Drangsgaard

bercrystal likes this.
  5. Barry Stephen

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Looks to be the same........quite nice too.

Barry Stephen likes this.
  7. judy

judy Well-Known Member

8. Barry Stephen

some more scant info...
    "Around the 1960s, the Norwegian "DRANGS GAARD" enamel art plate.
    An abstract design in which designs intersect on a gradation base with beautiful blue and orange colors drawn with thickly raised enamel.
    A work of typical expression that makes use of the layer that is characteristic of "DRANGS GAARD", one of the Norwegian enamel art workshops that produced a lot of various works during the mid-century period. Although it is a POP design, the unique colors and textures of enamel create a deep taste and give it a taste that is drawn in.
    There is a "PECH" stamp on the back, which seems to be the signature of the artist who worked on many works at the company, but detailed information is not provided and the details of the artist are unknown. "

Draft saved Draft deleted