Any Macey Furniture Experts Out There?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by KikoBlueEyes, Apr 2, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

The reseller had two Macey lawyers' bookcases that were the exact height I was looking for. He sold me one that is currently in my garage awaiting some repair and restoration and the completion of a project to restore my back bedroom. I have found a source for the correct knobs: Stack Bookcase Hardware | hardwaretree.com

What I looking to find out is the date it was made. According to this website: Macey Co., The | Furniture City History

"Pieces produced before 1908 may carry the name “Fred Macey Furniture Co.” or simply “Macey” in an italic script, with the tail of the let “Y” underlining much of the word. Pieces produced after 1908 will bear a modified version of the earlier mark, with “Macey” in simpler script, surrounded by a black or solid colored oval."

MaceyMarks.jpg

My label doesn't look like any of these. Based on the narrative, my label is somewhere between 1908 and 1940, when the factory closed for good. I have read a number of sellers' descriptions, but I don't know where they get their information. The bookcase is 74 inches tall, 34 inches wide and 12 1/2 inches deep. Please help if you can. Any comments will be appreciated.

IMG_0088.jpg IMG_0089.jpg IMG_0090.jpg

James Conrad and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. KikoBlueEyes

4. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

This will narrow it down some more ...
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 8.12.52 PM.png

5. KikoBlueEyes

You're right! The 1908 label has the tail of the "y" ending like mine, while the 1915 label the tail of the "y" is further over. Excellent! Thank you.

6. Misty Heins

Misty Heins New Member

So is this label from 1908? I have one very similar to yours however mine says 79 under the Macey and finish 50 the Macey is identical to yours. After mod approval and is allowed I will post a photo of my label

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted