Featured Any ingo on heavy blue glass(?) stone(?) vase w/nude figures around it?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by journeymagazine, Feb 14, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me about this vase I found at a local thrift store today?
    It measures 9"H x 4.5"W and is surprisingly heavy. And that's about all I know about it!
    Is it glass (carnival glass or milk glass maybe)? Or a type of stone?
    Why is the one lady's face bluer than the rest of the vase - like it was polished?
    And anything else would be greatly appreciated!

POTTERY VASE BLUE NUDE FIGURES 1AAA.JPG POTTERY VASE BLUE NUDE FIGURES 2AA.JPG POTTERY VASE BLUE NUDE FIGURES 2BAA.JPG POTTERY VASE BLUE NUDE FIGURES 2AAA.JPG POTTERY VASE BLUE NUDE FIGURES 3AA.JPG POTTERY VASE BLUE NUDE FIGURES 8AA.JPG POTTERY VASE BLUE NUDE FIGURES 8AAA.JPG

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

id have jumped on it with both feet,and Ive got vases out the wazoo ! Beautiful!

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Some years ago I sold a similar type vase in green. Mine had a Czechoslovakia stamp on the base and I did research it quite a bit. Similar vases have been reproduced. Anyway, here is some of it and a photo or two if it helps. Yours may not be from the same source.

Malachite green glass vase in the grape harvest Ingrid pattern designed by Curt Schlevogt in the 1930s. It has Art Deco dancing nude women with trees and is a spectacular organic looking swirled light and dark glass with polish on some raised surfaces.

•4 7/8" high
    •acid marked Czechoslovakia in circle on base
    •no chips, no cracks, light wear on the base

I have read that this vase has been produced by various factories from the 1930s until now. I've been told the mark is consistent with early Schlevogt marks
    upload_2022-2-14_12-55-32.png
    upload_2022-2-14_12-57-43.png

Last edited: Feb 14, 2022
  6. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thank you all - why is 1 face different? Polished? Error in making?
    Does it hurt it's value? ( I only paid $14.95 so I'm pretty sure I'm not going to lose money on it!)
    Thank you all again for the help!

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

You got a bargain. It isn't malachite, as it's blue, not green glass. Bohemian, 1920s into 30s.

journeymagazine and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted