Any info on this Agler-Davidson varsity jacket?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by journeymagazine, Dec 13, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this cool old(?) varsity jacket & am wondering if anyone knew about it? (I searched & found a few, but it was mostly Harley Davidson that came up)
    The color is what grabbed my eye and then the Indians on the back (I found a NC high school - West Mecklenburg used to have "Indians" as their mascot until it became politically incorrect) - could this be from there?
    Any idea of it's age?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CLOTHES JACKET M BERG INDIANS 1AA.jpg CLOTHES JACKET M BERG INDIANS 2AA.jpg CLOTHES JACKET M BERG INDIANS 3AA.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

The name of the previous owner appears to be embroidered on the front. A woman by that name can be found in North Carolina.

Debora

pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

The number on the side of the arm is generally the year of graduation... in your case, 1982. (EDIT: And the label looks appropriate for that.)
    This is mine from 1980 (and no, I can't get into it anymore!). I earned my varsity letter on the (springboard) diving team. :shame:

(Another EDIT: I remember being stopped at the mall by an old man asking me what "Fluskies" were. :rolleyes::hilarious:)

varsityjacket1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
  4. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

A quick view of WM's website shows their school colors to be burgundy and gray. It's not often that a school would change its colors... even though it changes its name.
    What state was it found in? Items often don't travel far.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. journeymagazine

Miami Fl!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. journeymagazine

But a color that...strong would be rare even here with our art deco district!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

The name embroidered near the pocket looks like it could be "Dana Toops"?
    Googling produces a male of the right age with that name in Miami, FL. If you dig further, you might find what high school he attended.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
    journeymagazine and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

did he ask if it was Donna...or Slonna ?? :happy::happy::happy::playful::playful:

bluumz likes this.
  9. journeymagazine

Thank you!

bluumz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted