Any ideas on age and value of my Zanotto Domenico 24 carat/porcelain figurine electric table lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Shane Evelyn, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Shane Evelyn

Shane Evelyn New Member

01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg I have always wondered what the age of my Zanotto Domenico 24 carat/porcelain figurine electric table lamp is. I believe it is Italian and possibly made in the 1970s. The height of the lamp figures is 20"and measures 36" in total with the shade. It's a beautiful design especially with the gold highlights and I have never seen another one like it, the lady is playing a harp and the gentleman a violin. Any ideas on a date and a possible price would be very interesting to know.

I have attached photographs with a signature and original manufacturers label.

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd think 1970s a very good guess re date.

Debora

3. Shane Evelyn

Shane Evelyn New Member

Thanks for the date confirmation, it's present condition is A1, does anyone have an idea on a present day valuation?

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Sorry, I know nothing about such things. I was dating by the label and its font.

Debora

5. Shane Evelyn

Shane Evelyn New Member

Okay, thanks for your reply,

6. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

We don't usually provide valuations here. Your best bet would be to find something similar that has sold to get an idea. Hopefully someone here might find one like it.

KikoBlueEyes and komokwa like this.
  7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

8. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  9. KikoBlueEyes

Markets and interests change. Something that is the rage in one time doesn't play well later. Things of beauty that don't have a current market are still valuable to the current owner who loves them. There may be other sales, but I couldn't find them. At this auction no one was interested.

I didn't want to post it, but @tie.dye.cat asked. :):):):):):) edited for clarity of intention of this comment

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  10. tie.dye.cat

Wow. Meanwhile someone on etsy has a buddha lamp by the same maker for something like $2,400. Hopefully the one in your link is one that just slipped by potential buyers, and OP's will fetch more than that.

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  11. tie.dye.cat

I actually saw that one as well, but didn't see the price, so didn't bother posting.

I should learn to speak only when spoken too. I get myself in trouble with my mouth sometimes.

Aquitaine and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  12. KikoBlueEyes

Sorry. I should have put a smile at the end. I was making a joke.

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  13. KikoBlueEyes

One of the things I like about hearing from people here is the truth. Illusions about what something is, and its current value don't help anyone. When I started, I posted a lot of things that were to be polite - purely decorative. Because I got honest feedback, I started to sharpen my skills over the years, and only make bad buying decisions every other Friday :). There is no shame in not knowing. Or hoping something has value that it doesn't. OP may have a valuable piece, but as you said no one noticed the one for auction. The seller didn't put a reserve. These things happen.

14. tie.dye.cat

:):):):):):)

15. tie.dye.cat

I like this; it's so true! If what I have is a piece of junk, I'd rather know up front so I don't waste time on it. And as you said, it helps hone your skills.

16. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago these giant ugly lamps (no offense Op!) were all the rage. I think covid killed that trend .I remember seeing lamps like this for $3-400 and they were selling! Not sure if thats still the case.My Cuban relatives in Miami would LOVE this thing,God bless them !

Potteryplease and komokwa like this.
  17. Shane Evelyn

Shane Evelyn New Member

Thanks for the comments

komokwa and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted