Any idea what antique furniture piece this is?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Megans treasures, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Megans treasures

Megans treasures New Member

Trying to get any info on this sideboard (I think?), what is the correct name, Era, and brand/type/maker? What might the value be (I'm in MD). There is a Crack across the top, and was when I purchased it a year ago for $100. I planned to refinish it myself (and repair the crack) but I just don't have the time anymore (law school, need I say more? Lol)

But website continues to say "file too large

Attached Files:

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Circa 1930 server (or possibly a converted radio cabinet. Would have to see the inside to know. ). Last one I had was nicer than this and sold in great refinished condition for $145.00 retail in my shop space. I think I paid about $35.00 for it and put the work in to it. Depending on your location, I would think you would be lucky to get your $100.00 back.

lauragarnet likes this.
  3. Megans treasures

Oh yes, another "great find" Haha.. . .oh let me go see what else I have lol. Hope chests, a few of them. Thank you again! :)

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Saw your other thread.
    Again if you are having a sale put a price on it $65. Take $50.
    Some one will want to paint this.

5. Megans treasures

Thank you so much for your response. A girlfriend of mine offered me $50 for it so I said "it's yours!" Lol. She loves the piece and I'll get to see it once she's painted it ;-)
    I really appreciate the kindness in this group! You are all fantastic!

Figtree3 and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  6. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Keep in mind that this works both ways - This group appreciates the opportunity to identify the weird and the wonderful! Stick around, there is always something to learn, or at least amuse!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted