Any Idea Of Maker of This Pottery Planter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by GingerBreadHouse, Jun 6, 2015.

1. GingerBreadHouse

GingerBreadHouse New Member

Can anyone help with this. I can't find anything similar. The silver sticker says 'Hand Decorated, Pryde & Joy, Los Angeles Calif' Not sure if that is the maker. The stickers are on the fronts of the piece. Not sure if they were on the bottom at one time or not. They were on there when we got them. Wondering if they are from the 50', 60's, 70's? 100_0125.JPG 100_0127.JPG 100_0125.JPG 100_0125.JPG
    Thanks for any help.

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The only information I could find was that Pryde and Joy was part of Brad Keeler's pottery.

You'll have to do more digging into Brad Keeler. He is a name listed in the California Pottery books, but I haven't done much research on his work.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. GingerBreadHouse

Thank You! I was finding links to California Pottery but was seeing a lot of other pottery companies and links associated it, I wasn't sure if I was heading in the right direction or what. I'll dig some more. Thanks.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. Messilane

Messilane Well-Known Member

KingofThings likes this.
  5. GingerBreadHouse

Thanks for replying. I have actually just sent her a message through the contact on the Brad Keeler site. After my last post I started searching Google and came across his site. I did see she does mention the Pryde and Joy line briefly on the about page. I'm wondering if the Pryde and Joy line was part of a 'Nursery' themed line from him.

I'll see if I get a response.

Thanks.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. GingerBreadHouse

7. Millicent Spencer

Millicent Spencer New Member

Thanks for the post I just picked up the dog at a thrift store and was wondering the origin as well. It certainly does look old

GingerBreadHouse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted