Any Help with Small Vase?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by thefathand, Dec 19, 2017.

1. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

I bought a small vase and I can't read the hallmark at all. Anyone know anything about the manufacturer or around how old it is? Sorry about the bad pics, I can't seem to get better ones. Much appreciation. ~Cheers! IMG_6185.JPG IMG_6169.JPG IMG_6175.JPG IMG_6176.JPG IMG_6180.JPG IMG_6179.JPG IMG_6184.JPG

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

In case it helps the pot heads:

upload_2017-12-19_13-32-23.png

I can only comment that the FINE CHINA & the S appear to have been applied after the maker's mark.

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It looks like B on top and W on bottom, Hand Decorated across the center, and the important part blurred except maybe China at the end. Probably decal flowers with gold done by hand.

4. thefathand

thefathand Active Member

Much appreciate the responses and the bigger pic! I tried like the dickens to get better pics but it wouldn't make much difference b/c the stamp is illegible, a bit smeared. The vase is 4.5 inches tall and around 3 inches across.

5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Whole thing looks German/Bavarian to me, despite the 2 fleur de lys at the top of the shield.

Draft saved Draft deleted