any Brits or others familiar with Sowerby 'Chunky' vs. Indiana Glass 'Hostess Plate'

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TallCakes, Jun 11, 2014.

1. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

these two patterns are so very similar that it's difficult to discern which is which. Indiana Glass (as far as I can determine) only made their "Hostess Plate" in one form but many carnival glass colors. Whereas Sowerby made their "Chunky" (AKA: "English Hob and Button") in various colors and forms. It's hard to find quality images online to compare. But the one thing I think I find is that the center 'daisy' motif of the Indiana version has a round button in the center, whereas the 'petals' come together in the center of the Sowerby version. Tho' I've also seen some of the Sowerby pieces that have a 'diamond in diamond' motif radiating to the center 'daisy', whereas all of the Indiana Glass pieces have individually spaced radiating diamonds. Any thought on how to quickly discern these two patterns?

gregsglass likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted