Antique wood bird cage?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Darrin Herrera, May 13, 2020.

1. 96495258-0401-4B71-A44C-038694E3CF57.jpeg D5C694C5-0207-476F-B908-4E53144FE2FD.jpeg E6DE912F-5C52-4E1B-914E-A793CB25C412.jpeg So I purchased this “antique” bird cage for $25.00 thinking I was pretty smart. Now I am wondering if this is antique at all or maybe a replica. By concern is the pull out floor is metal, that has me concerned that maybe it’s not antique. Anyone care to hazard a guess on the age of this fine bird jail?

kyratango likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's pretty...but pics too small for me to make any comment..

James Conrad and kyratango like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I think you're going to find that's a recent Asian import.

Debora

4. R Ewing

R Ewing EclecticMomsAttic

There is/was a place called "Bird Alley" in Hong Kong where there are many vendors selling lots of birds, and magnificent bird cages like this one. I used to have to travel to Asia on business, and one time a friend asked me to purchase one of these and have it shipped back to her. Quite an experience. The birds and cages are very valued there.

Figtree3 and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  5. image1.jpeg

Attached Files:

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Yep, modern Indonesian import.

Darrin Herrera and komokwa like this.
  7. What are your thought on price??

8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Maybe at retail double what you paid on a good day. Have seen similar as high as $100.00 in the past but doubt I could get that today.

Darrin Herrera likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

We have one that's twice the size of yours and more ornate. You can find them online from Indonesia as Brad pointed out. They go for different prices. Ours was a gift that we don't really know what to do with.

James Conrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted