Antique White Bisque Lamp With Grape Motiff Identification

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by jtrockboy, Aug 14, 2018.

1. jtrockboy

jtrockboy New Member

I inherited two of these from my parents, who I think purchased them in the late 50's. I've been able to find other examples, described as White Bisque, Porcelain, Ceramic, Art Pottery, Blanc De Chine, Art Nouveau, and Cottage Décor, but no specifics as to the maker, date made, or what the actual description is. I can't see any marks, other than what looks like an inspection sticker. It measures a little over three feet from base to shade support. Any help would be greatly appreciated in. Here are a few pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

If you search underwriters laboratories you will have to narrow down search with more descriptive words. I’m also reading UL has a searchable site if you have a UL number. I never used that site and can’t vouch for it.

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. jtrockboy

jtrockboy New Member

Thanks for the reply. I did check the UL site, and didn't find anything.

judy, Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  4. i need help

Maybe someone else will know more.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I'm not positive, but I think those blue labels were used in the 50s & 60s.
    I can't see the picture of the plug well, but if the two prongs are the same size, it is 1960s and before. the wiring looks original.

yourturntoloveit and i need help like this.
  6. i need help

6FC914A8-E038-4698-8EB6-568AD4603F51.jpeg Now pickclick is giving me a hard time. :banghead: Anyway, we should find yours. This one is close.

7. jtrockboy

jtrockboy New Member

This is one of the listings I found that had a slew of different descriptions, but no maker or date. Perhaps this lamp had different variations, but the lamp shade for mine looks completely different than the one in the picture.

Thanks for the response. I have confidence in Antiquers. The members here have never let me down. :happy:

Bronwen likes this.
  8. i need help

9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Lamp shades are often replaced for one reason or another.

I see these are routinely described as being decorated with grapes. I don't know what they are, but neither the shape of the leaves nor the shape of the cluster of fruits/berries is right. Insufficiently botryoidal. :happy::joyful:

judy, Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

They are stylized ...no ?
    Do they have to mimic a bunch of grapes to the letter ?

judy likes this.
  11. jtrockboy

jtrockboy New Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
Draft saved Draft deleted