Featured Antique / Vintage Stuffed Animals - 3 More - Any Info?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Cereus17, Jul 3, 2024 at 5:30 PM.

1. Cereus17

Cereus17 Member

Hi,
    I’ve decided to post a few toys at a time rather than create 20 or so individual posts. Hope that works.
    (I recently received a bunch of antique / vintage stuffed animals and dolls. See my recent toy posts…)

Toy people! If you see anything that you recognize I’d love to receive any information you might have (brand, age, etc…) If it would help to see more photos of any particular toy please let me know.

I’ve searched all of these with Google Lens but not with satisfactory results….

One more question:
    I see a lot of older stuffed animals online that are said to have a mohair shell. Do you know if these are mohair?

1. The light blue bear is about 18” tall. It’s stuffed with straw.

2. The 2 toned cat is about 14” tall. It’s stuffed with cloth.

3. The panda is about 17” tall and it’s stuffed with cloth.
    All are in rough shape.

Again, Thanks in advance! J
    1Bear.jpg 2Bear.jpg 3Bear.jpg 1Cat.jpg 2Cat.jpg 3Cat.jpg 1Panda.jpg 2Panda.jpg 3Panda.jpg

kyratango, Marote and komokwa like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd think those were 1930s (but I could be wrong.) They certainly were well-loved.

Debora

kyratango, Aquitaine, Marote and 2 others like this.
  3. Cereus17

Cereus17 Member

Thanks. 30s sounds about right.

kyratango likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Are you sure the stuffing is straw and not excelsior? That's more of what one would expect.

Debora

Cereus17 likes this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

The cat and the panda look very like my early 1960s bunny, which I regrettably threw away when I was in my 40s.

kyratango and Cereus17 like this.
  6. Cereus17

Cereus17 Member

You're probably right. Excelsior.

7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@bluumz, not to worry.....my parents were buying STEIFF animals for me back when I was VERY young, and only parted with them 'about' 6 years ago, in my early seventies!!!:playful::hilarious::happy::jawdrop::joyful:!!!! They were SO hard to part with still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted