Antique Table and Chairs

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Jennifer Davies, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Jennifer Davies

Jennifer Davies New Member

Hello this is my first time posting on a message board please be gentle.
    I have an antique table that has been in the family for years but know nothing about it. Im hoping someone will be able to provide information or valuation for this piece.
    The table is 46" wide and 56.5" long. The table top tilts on its on hinges and is accompanied by four stand chairs.
    Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hello, Jennifer! I've taken the liberty of reposting your photographs as Full Image so they're easier for everyone to see. You'll want to be sure and do that in the future. (And, not to worry, all new members do the same thing in their first post.)

Debora

IMG_20211101_132744.jpg
    IMG_20211101_133148.jpg IMG_20211101_133229.jpg

pearlsnblume and Lucille.b like this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Really need some better pics but chairs appear to be early 20th century mahogany Queen Anne style. As such, value would be minimal. $100 on the low end and maybe $250 on the high end for the set at retail. The table appears to be a bit older. Maybe as early as 1870 but more likely 1880 or so. Also mahogany and more Renaissance Revival in style than anything else, though it doesn't scream such. As nice as it is, value is not great. Brown furniture is down in general and formal styles are not in favor. Depending on where and how selling, maybe $100 or so at auction or other wholesale venue and up to $300.00 at retail. Might do better in or near a large city.

pearlsnblume, NewEngland and komokwa like this.
  4. Jennifer Davies

Jennifer Davies New Member

Thank you for replying so quickly.

komokwa likes this.
  5. georgine

georgine New Member

Hi, I have an old table from Niemann Table Co. Is there anywhere I can look this table up? It is very old round table with lion claw legs. Thank you for any help you can give me
    Georgine

6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, georgine. We need to see pictures of the table - overall view, leg details, underside construction and any labels or plaques affixed to it. Measurements will also be good for us to have.

komokwa likes this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @georgine! It usually gets pretty confusing pretty quickly if someone hops in on someone else's thread!!! Would you mind starting your own, please? Put yours in the same Area either under ANTIQUE DISCUSSION, OR FORUMS-FURNITURE....helps keep everyone's threads straight!!! Thank you so much!!!:happy::):) And if you need help posting images, just ask!!! HAPPY to HELP!!!

Bakersgma and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted