Featured Antique P&O shipping sign

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Decka, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Decka

Decka Active Member

5B5A55A3-8178-431E-BD2A-35D85B8FE643.jpeg I have this antique P&O shipping plaque sign that used to be mounted on the wall outside the P&O office in Melbourne. Unfortunately the letter ā€œPā€ is missing, I could have one made but have chosen to leave it the way it is. A really nice nautical piece that I was happy to acquire years ago. I have a real fondness for anything nautical but funny enough get crook as a dog out on the water....

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

that's nice...

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Love your sign!

4. Decka

Decka Active Member

I sent The P&O Heritage in the UK some pics a while back and got some nice positive feedback. They believed it more than likely came from the P&O office that was in Melbourne. They also stated that there was probably two of them, one mounted on either side of the entrance.

5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I love your sign. The colors, the missing "P", thee brass, everything about it!

6. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Always wanting a P is uncomfortable.

I would have to have one.:hilarious:

7. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: That is so funny

daveydempsey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted