Featured Antique (Not Repro) Fortune Telling Sign-Hand Painted Oak-Sideshow/Coin-op ???

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by bosko69, Jun 2, 2022.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Here's a piece that's been in the garage for years-a 'Rajah Magic Crystal' sign.I'd like to find out exactly what kind of thing this advertised (coin op machine,fortune teller,carnival,sideshow).
    It's 7" tall by 23" long,old enamel sign paint on oak,and was either mounted via the iron pegs on the bottom,or with two brackets on the back.
    Thanks for any help- I've RAJ1.jpg RAJ2.jpg RAJ3.jpg RAJ4.jpg been wondering where this thing came from for years.

kyratango, judy, Firemandk and 6 others like this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

kyratango, judy, Boland and 8 others like this.
  3. bosko69

Kronos- Great lead,I think you nailed it ! I'll email those guys and see if they've got a catalog or other machine with this sign.Thanks big.

kyratango, judy, Boland and 4 others like this.
  4. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

5. bosko69

Thanks Sabre-I wonder if the sign may actually to 'The Blue Raja' (aka The Fork) The Blue Raja BLUE.jpg

sabre123, judy and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

how are u familiar with the Mystery Men........???:playful::playful::playful::playful:

judy likes this.
  7. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

You might give a call to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and talk to someone in their Arcade / History /archives, I know they had similar there , they used to have a whole museums worth of stuff in their underground lair at one time . Not sure if "Todd M." still works there , he has worked there for 25 years or more I think , great guy, loves old arcade stuff and has beautiful cars to boot . He has a 1903 or so Cadillac.

kyratango and judy like this.
  8. bosko69

Will look up contacts for Santa Cruz Boardwalk Arcade History Archives.We were all jazzed when 'The Lost Boys' came out-filmed in Santa Cruz !

9. bosko69

Komokwa- loved 'The Mystery Men',saw it when it came out,('Remo Williams' too ). I get a kick out of really good Genre bending films,flicks that take a familiar 'trope' (Science Fiction,Adventure,Super Hero),give 'em a clever twist with some real humor-like the first 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.'The Mystery Men' of course never had the impact of 'Guardians' mass audience wise,one of my all-time secret pleasures and sadly neglected.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted