Antique Italian Lamp??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Darrin Herrera, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Hi All,

Happy easter! I found this lamp on-line that claims to be antique Italian lamp. Appreciate opinions on if its antique and what you think it could be worth. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I suppose what's considered 'antique', but it's also electrified as from the visible cord! Wait for others to chime in for a better dating on it!!

Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Would like to see the bottom and socket but imo its 1960's boudoir lamp.

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I am assuming you are in the US, or you purchased this in US.

Lamp companies contracted for parts from all over and then would assemble and sell under the lamp company name.

I think the lamp is 1960s-70s.
    The glass could very well be W. German or American.
    The pottery could be Italian, Japanese or Austrian.

Any marks or numbers on the base will be for the metal company and may be American.

upload_2020-4-12_9-52-49.png

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  5. baileybae

baileybae Active Member

Looks mid 20th century to me. Value all depends on where you plan on selling it, if at all, how it is presented and of course condition.

6. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

Antique it is not. It must be someone young describing it, or they do not know what an "antique" is. An antique is recognised as an item over 100 years old. I remember in the 1960's when antique dealers would only call items made before 1837 an antique. They sneered at "victoriana"

Draft saved Draft deleted