Antique Glass Compotes

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by M.Brown, Jan 13, 2019.

1. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

A3C5CFEB-3496-41FB-8D4A-AF5AEE9C0E05.jpeg 24017BE0-24E6-49AC-AA8F-1FB6944C89B9.jpeg 03FC1A19-F329-4103-96E8-A1BABC02429C.jpeg Hi, guys!

I scored these bad boys at an estate sale on Friday, but haven’t been able to locate any information on them. Is anyone here familiar with something like this? The woman who sold them to me told me they were from the 1920s, but that’s all I know.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

i need help and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOVE THEM !!! ... Joy.

M.Brown and i need help like this.
  3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Rink,
    ?????????????????

greg

i need help likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

@gregsglass Because the listing has ended you have to click on View Original Listing on the right side of the page where it says This listing has ended.

Christmasjoy and M.Brown like this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bakersgma,
    Thanks i thought I was losing it for a moment.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  7. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Gold and royal blue decor was popular during the time frame these were most likely made. The one in the auction has a gold encrusted band on the outside, and the shape is different. ID'd maker solely by the color combination of the decor is pretty iffy. Plus, it's possible that a company like Wheeling Decorating could have done the blue and gold decor. 3rd party decorators would buy pieces from different makers so IDing the maker would be difficult, however, the maker wouldn't matter then.

It might be helpful to see a real profile of one of the pieces, taken at eye level from the side. All of yours show at least some of the rim on the opposite side of the bowl. Also measurements, height and diameter could prove helpful as well.

8. M.Brown

M.Brown Member

2291E953-3059-488C-B42B-3E64AA8F465B.jpeg

Yes, sorry! Does this help @msgood2shoe?

They are 4.25” in diameter and 2.5” tall.

Thank you everyone for their help thus far. It’s greatly appreciated!

pearlsnblume and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted