Featured Antique Dolls - 1886?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Brittany Beltrami, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Brittany Beltrami

Brittany Beltrami New Member

EC008BED-369B-48C6-82C0-1B482B7B3503.jpeg CEF9798B-85E7-460E-B9D4-CE9C03DAE7A6.jpeg C8F1F913-94BE-435A-84D3-110025DCCF73.jpeg I am looking to get some more information for my aunt about these dolls. I have looked everywhere for markings and cannot find any. She received them from her mother in law before passing but her mother in law was too ill to disclose any information. The only note we have is about the mother in law's attachment to the doll and what she named it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2022
    Born2it, bercrystal, Figtree3 and 2 others like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Just a guess here but the 2 girls look 1940s-50s to me? The china doll looks more 1860s .

3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Brittany!

Welcome to Antiquers.............The cloth dolls are typical of those from Poland.

The china head is antique. However, the arms are broken?

What about the legs?

Can't tell much about the dress she is wearing............

You can look up the vintage era Polish cloth dolls and late China head dolls in the sold section on Ebay for approx. value. Not high dollar.................

There are books on China head dolls........perhaps your local library has some for you to learn more about them.

bercrystal, Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Viewing photos again, I see the legs seem to be ok.............:cat:

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The dollreference website has some information on dating china head dolls by their hairstyles. This isn't definitive but could give you some ideas. https://www.dollreference.com/china_head_dolls.html

There are a lot of good books on identifying dolls. As Judy mentioned!

bercrystal and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted