Antique Claw Foot Table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Brian D, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Brian D

Brian D New Member

I am looking for any info on the beautiful claw foot table. Age? maker? Value? IMG_1509.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!
    Beautiful table and photo!
    We will need more details though for construction and any manufacturer's marks or labels please.

bobsyouruncle likes this.
  3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

This is Victorian circa 1890. Will be impossible to ID maker without a label/mark or, perchance, finding it in a catalog. I am thinking the top may have been stripped of veneer or replaced with a new solid wood top. They would not have let that white-wood and knots show in the top as seen now. It should match the shelf underneath.

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

It almost looks like a mish mash of styles,I wonder if its something someone put together from different parts? Its a beautiful piece none the less.

bobsyouruncle and KingofThings like this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Johnny,

Agree that this is an odd configuration but have seen others similar. Can't think they were all cobbled together.

johnnycb09 and KingofThings like this.
  6. Brian D

Brian D New Member

Here are some more photos. No markings or tags. You can see that the central posts have pegs that go through the bottom shelf. Tried to get a close up of the top surface as well.

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  7. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Please edit to full image. :)

8. Brian D

Brian D New Member

IMG_1513.JPG IMG_1512.JPG IMG_1511.JPG IMG_1510.JPG IMG_1509.JPG Higher Res Photos Attached.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  9. PACKRAT

PACKRAT Well-Known Member

Something does not fit here. Nice components but I also think this is a creation from assorted antique parts.

Draft saved Draft deleted