Featured ? Antique Chinese table

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Lissy, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Lissy

Lissy New Member

I would be really interested to know if this would be a antique Chinese table? From my research it I am pretty sure it is. I would be also interested to know the approximate age. I am from Tasmania and we have a history here of Chinese Miners in the 1800's - so it is chinese table3.jpg possible it could have made its way here back then . Looks like it's been sitting in a shed for many many years - chinese table1.jpg chinese table2.jpg chinese table3.jpg chinese table5.jpg chinese table4.jpg

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Certainly has some age. Quality of the decoration is not the greatest so don't think it is terribly old. Wild guess.... 20s-50s?

lloyd249, lauragarnet and Ruedi like this.
  3. Shangas

Shangas Underage Antiques Collector and Historian

It's impossible to tell how big it is from the photos since there isn't a single shot showing the entire object.

My guess is that it's probably a stool instead of a table.

4. Richard lyons

Richard lyons New Member

[​IMG]
    can anyone help me please

5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

You probably should start your own thread for this so more people will see it. I get more of an Indian or Middle Eastern feel from this than Asian. What is the size? If low enough, maybe meant for a cushion and use as a seat.

lloyd249 and Richard lyons like this.
  6. Richard lyons

Richard lyons New Member

It's only 14 inch tall and 2ft by 2ft square I'm looking to sell any advice

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Your second item looks to be a bajot from India. Trying an internet search with that word and see if you agree.

Debora

Richard lyons likes this.
  8. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

If u want to sell it in an online auction u better start very low to get bids, suggest $9.99 max. U must put some thought into shipping if applicable, item looks fragile and would need oversize box/boxes and padding. Box/boxes will cost, shop for them at a moving company or trailer rental place.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted