Featured Antique Buckle Sculpture by Carl Tasha

Discussion in 'Art' started by xile14, Dec 30, 2022.

1. xile14

xile14 New Member

I was given this Bronze Buckle sculpture recently that someone has had in the family for a long time. They want to sell it but I don't know what it would be worth. All I know about it is it was made by an artist named Carl Tasha. Not sure when it was made but the artist lived from 1943 to 2006 so all I know is it was in that time frame. The buckle has his name printed on it and it's signed. There are a lot of other buckles by him online but none like this one. Does anyone have any idea what the value would be for a piece like this?
    IMG_20221228_145554386 (1)-min.jpg
    IMG_20221228_145612379 (1)-min.jpg

Figtree3, wlwhittier, judy and 3 others like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I don't think the value of this buckle would differ from similar size Carl Tasha buckles with nudes.
    It isn't antique btw. Maybe in 50-60 years time.;)

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Love it !

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  4. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

It seems odd that the 2 figures would be horizontally facing each other if the buckle were on a belt around the waist. Perhaps for a 'Sam Brown'?

5. Curioser

Curioser Well-Known Member

I sent a reply, I thought, yesterday but I am forever refreshing pages and logging myself out! Just wanted to add he was selling in the late 1970's, in person at shows, so I agree with @Any Jewelry that it's not antique.

Figtree3 and BoudiccaJones like this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

What is that?

7. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Sam Browne belt: a belt with added shoulder-strap, developed by General Browne, who was missing an arm; it stabilizes the belt for easier use with a sword or holster.
    Sam Browne belt - Wikipedia

Nice buckle; think it would work fine on a regular belt.

Sam Browne belt.jpg

komokwa and Figtree3 like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Thank you for the explanation!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted