antique blue & white spouted gravy boat ? unknown mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by charlie cheswick, Jun 16, 2018.

1. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

hi guys

found this the other day for 15p.
    i thought gravy boat but cant find any similar

too small for a gravy boat, no ?

cant find the mark either, think its an S

any thoughts appreciated

grav3s_resize_20180616_193144.jpg grav10s_resize_20180616_193143.jpg grav11s_resize_20180616_193143.jpg grav9s_resize_20180616_193143.jpg

Houseful likes this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

An individual pot or boat for something like chocolate sauce? Like you get in restaurants when you order Dame Blanche for dessert.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pearlsnblume and thefathand like this.
  3. charlie cheswick

you might be right there Aj

you also made my tummy rumble !!

pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

I used to love that, especially with home made hot chocolate sauce, but my lactose intolerance got worse over the years, so no more ice cream for me.:(

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks more like a 'pap boat'.....what you fed babies with......or you could put chocolate sauce in it!!!! AND pour it directly in your mouth completely bypassing the ice cream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:p

6. charlie cheswick

7. Aquitaine

Bbbbbbbbut.....they have ice "cream" out there now with no lactose in it!!!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

pearlsnblume and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

I know, but it is made of soy which can induce a porphyria attack.:arghh::nurse::dead:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

OK, so that's still a "baddie".....sorry 'bout that.....no fun a'tall!!!!

Any Jewelry and pearlsnblume like this.
  10. Aquitaine

11. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The things I learn here. Have heard of pap; never knew it went sailing.:joyful:

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They do frozen coconut milk desserts here in the USA too; you have to hit organic "crunchy granola" stores to find it more often than not, but it's around. Sometimes you'll find rice desserts too. There are people here who avoid soy.

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

No, Breyer's has lactose free ice cream, but only vanilla and chocolate, just like we can buy lactose free cow milk. We do, because it lasts forever.

14. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Also try searching strawflower and see if you find anything similar. The pattern was made by several companies and it's found both marked and unmarked. Regardless, it's usually a reliable seller for me.
    Don

Any Jewelry and charlie cheswick like this.
  15. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I've always called this an invalid feeder.

kyratango and charlie cheswick like this.
  16. charlie cheswick

thanks for the info don, nice new hat by the way, but prefered your other one !

do you think german manufacture ?

17. Any Jewelry

Yes, I've seen those, I haven't seen rice ice cream yet though. But I must say, I have become so used to not having ice cream, I don't miss it. I do miss dessert with dark chocolate sauce though. And real chocolate mousse (raw eggs). Gelatine or agar agar mousse don't do it for me.
    For my chocolate fix I make hot chocolate with water, which is ok. If it was good enough for the Aztecs, it is good enough for me.:D I even manage to make it frothy.:happy:

kyratango likes this.
  18. Any Jewelry

We can't get that here.:(

19. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Do you put the cinnamon in your hot chocolate, to make it proper? Almond milk with chocolate is yummy. Some even comes with the chocolate in it.

https://www.alpro.com/nl

I didn't see frozen products, but doubtless there are some.

20. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Ice cream makes my day! However...
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted