Antique Bedroom Set

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Ryan Rizzi, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Ryan Rizzi

Ryan Rizzi New Member

IMG_0629.JPG IMG_0630.JPG IMG_0631.JPG IMG_0632.JPG IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0635.JPG

I'm currently in possession of what I believe may be an antique bedroom set but I'm a novice when it comes to antiques, if anyone who comes across this could let me know if this set is possibly something of value please let me know

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Vintage rather than antique, I'd think.

Debora

bobsyouruncle and KingofThings like this.
  3. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

The mirrors are a completly different style from the wooden stuff, that does at least appear to be from the same source, handles and leg details, but I agree as far as can be seen from pictures, oldish rather than antiques. Just good useful things with no great value but lots of utility.

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

They are 20th century in a French style and could actually be from France. Pictures are not sufficient to tell if these are from 1930 or 1960 but would think this is your general time frame. Quality seems pretty good but, again, the pictures are not sufficient to judge completely. Value is not huge any way you look at it. French stuff seems to be faring slightly better than a lot of brown furniture but I still think you are talking under $1000.00 for the set even at retail. A lot less in some areas. The higher values would be in big cities and places where more formal furniture are appreciated.

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Keep in mind they are solid wood. You can not go to a store and buy solid wood furniture anymore. What you buy now is stapled particle board. So you might want to think twice before selling.

I would wrap the mirrors and put them away for now. The dressers have good lines, you could hang a more contemporary mirror above them.

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

thanks for wearing clothes,....:hilarious:

Draft saved Draft deleted