Featured Another Cristal Clear Beauty

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jeanny, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Jeanny

Jeanny Member

Bonbonniere 4-1.JPG Bonbonniere 4-2.JPG Bonbonniere 4-3.JPG Bonbonniere 4-4.JPG Bonbonniere 4-5.JPG Bonbonniere 4-6.JPG Bonbonniere 4-7.JPG Bonbonniere 4-8.jpg This one has dimensions of
    18 cm. high
    16 cm. average
    :)

Aquitaine, antidiem and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

In the olden days, grandma would put wrapped candy in that wonderful glass container. :)

Aquitaine, antidiem and Jeanny like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. Jeanny

Jeanny Member

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Gorham didn't make their crystal. They imported it from the European countries like Slovenia, Romania, Yugoslavia, etc.

I would think your other piece is by the same group that made this for Gorham, because the knobs are identical.

Adding: Gorham, Lenox, and other companies started bringing glassware into their product lines in the early 1990s. At least that's when I noticed it on the selling floor.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    i need help, aaroncab and TallCakes like this.
  6. Jeanny

Jeanny Member

That's correct @clutteredcloset49. the other item is from the same factory.
    In my search I also found that this firm was already active in 1969
    https://www.goantiques.com/rham-crystal,-bamberg-47328256

I also found a page where the above bonbonniere is offered for sale. Now we have a little price indication:)

[​IMG]
    Martha Stewart Living
    Gorham Crystal Bamberg Candy Box with Lid - Cut Dot & Fan Design On Bowl, Clear from
    $ 129,95 USD* ·
    Gorham Crystal - Gorham Crystal Bamberg Candy Box with Lid - Cut Dot & Fan Design On Bowl,

(clutteredcloset49 Quote: I would think your other piece is by the same group that made this for Gorham, because the knobs are identical.)

That's correct @@clutteredcloset49. this item above is from the same factory and is known as cut/etched and frosted daisy pattern by
    Gorham Cristal, and it is heavy 24% lead crystal.
    This information did I found at the link below:)

AbbyClaysBackPorch

And here I read that the glas is blown to.
    https://www.replacements.com/p/gorham-crystal-bamberg-candy-box-with-lid/gorbam/46533931

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    i need help likes this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

The point I was trying to make is that Gorham did not make crystal.
    Gorham was a silverware company that made sterling and silverplate flatware as well as holloware. They did not make crystal.
    They had to have someone else make it so they could put their label on it.
    It is more than likely imported from a European glass company
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorham_Manufacturing_Company#:~:text=Gorham Silver was founded in Providence, Rhode Island,,made thimbles, combs, jewelry, and other small items.

Jeanny and Bakersgma like this.
  8. Jeanny

Jeanny Member

Draft saved Draft deleted