Another Baccarat Question, Perfume Bottle

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Sarajayne, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Sarajayne

Sarajayne Well-Known Member

This Perfume also belonged to my Mom. I did find the pattern, it's Michelangelo. It stands 4 3/4" tall and is 3 3/4" across. Unfortunately it has no stopper, I'm sure it would be much taller if it did. I did not find the year it was made and wonder if it has any value since there is no stopper? View attachment 57003 View attachment 57004

Attached Files:

• Bac.jpg
      Bac.jpg
      File size:
      203.5 KB
      Views:
    • Bac1.jpg
      Bac1.jpg
      File size:
      162.2 KB
      Views:
    • Bac2.jpg
      Bac2.jpg
      File size:
      145.3 KB
      Views:
    • Bac3.jpg
      Bac3.jpg
      File size:
      75 KB
      Views:
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Dunno, but it's pretty. Don't kick it out of bed for eating crackers. Vintage Baccarat is always worth something, but I don't know enough about glass to know how much.

3. Sandra

Sandra Well-Known Member

I agree with evelyb30, it's a perfectly lovely piece of glass as it is.
    The cap appears to be threaded on the interior, so I think this may have had an atomizer fitting rather than a stopper.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

You can get replacements for those, come to it.

5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Sandra is correct about this bottle originally having atomizer hardware. I found a photo in one of my books that shows a complete vanity set in this pattern. The photo was originally in a catalog put out by Rouard's glass & ceramics gallery which was located in France. They date this bottle to c.1935.

Peggy

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  6. Sarajayne

Sarajayne Well-Known Member

Sandra and Peggy, Thanks so much! I have gone crazy and blind for years trying to find the era that it was made in. Thanks!

7. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

If you click Full Image after you upload photos, they'll be in your post and not tiny.

Bac.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted