Another Auction.....2 days....

Discussion in 'Auctions' started by Aquitaine, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi! I've posted this guy's auctions before.....from the MANSION this stuff comes out of, it's surprising the estimates are generally pretty reasonable....educational!!!! around the 600+ lot #s there's some nautical and later scrimshaw (that I don't think too much of, but, hey....live and learn!!) These are from the second session (listed first, which to me is the better session....just my opinion!

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog_gallery/89454
    /?rows=150

45746397_3_l.jpg 45746444_1_l.jpg 45746445_1_l.jpg

45746407_1_l-Lot930.jpg

2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I'm terrified to look.
    :bag:

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nuthin 4 me here.....but shang....may want the one in the 1st pic !! :wideyed:

KingofThings and Wanttoknow like this.
  4. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

There are a few clocks with cheap estimates including a chronometer and an Atmos.

KingofThings likes this.
  5. KingofThings

I just looked :bag: and there are some nice things though a couple are misnamed.
    The 'Taprails' are 'Taffrail logs'.
    The 'Nautical ship sight' is a 'Ship's navigation light'.
    ~
    I like the clocks, telegraphs, barometers, scrimshaw, models and bell. :)
    ~
    So now's your chance...just in time for my birthday...........................next February. :)

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HA!! I THOUGHT they were called "Taffrail logs".....we used to find them occasionally on the beach around the Island.......thanks for letting me know I was RIGHT!!!!!:joyful:

KingofThings likes this.
  7. KingofThings

:)

8. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I like that little pocket barometer, but as someone with MS I have one built in. The pietra dura rose is really pretty, but I'm out of wall space and already have stuff stacked up. Some of those "nautical lots" have King's name sitting on them. The brass lamps are begging to be hung up and lit; lamps don't like sitting around going begging.

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted