An Art Deco Reverse Painted Glass Panels Lamp to Match . . .

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by dude, Nov 17, 2021.

1. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Hi all. I found and purchased an Art Deco lamp with reverse-painted glass panels that sort of matches those pendant lights I acquired and posted back in March. Boat scenes rather than peacocks and windmills, but we can't have it all now can we? Sorry for the sub-par pics, but just got this in the dimply-lit storage room and don't feel like moving it for a while.

A few questions:

At market should this lamp fetch more than, less than, or about the same as each hanging pendant light?

As far as display, polishing is obviously subjective; but when it comes to resale, is it best to leave the copper darkened/aged? I figure it is since it gives the buyer options, but am curious about the consensus among those who may answer on here.

What watt, color, and style bulbs would you recommend for the 3 overhanging top extensions (not sure the proper terms for them)? I believe I saw 40-watt red bulbs on a similar online piece but don't quote me on that.

Thanks.

20211116_001331.jpg 20211116_001357.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    Boland and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Oh the lamps from my old post would be a helpful visual . . . I still relish the colors on the windmill one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

[​IMG]

chandlier....candelabra .....
    the brightness is up to what you want from the lamp......

read a book....scare the kids......depends on it's use !

Boland, sabre123 and dude like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

5. dude

dude Well-Known Member

6. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Just don't want to blow a fuse literally and then figuratively!

komokwa likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A 15 watt lightlight bulb would be appropriate too. You want to see the designs, not illuminate the room. It looks like the heavier duty bulbs go up in the flower bases.

Boland and dude like this.
  8. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

I would also try some (LED) bulbs with different color temperatures - they are available from Cool White to Daylight and will make a big difference in how the colors appear.

dude, komokwa, NewEngland and 2 others like this.
  9. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

don't polish! People love patina and if they don't, let them polish. I hate polishing although on silver, it is rewarding.

dude, komokwa and NewEngland like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted