Amethyst Glass Trinket Jar - Looking for ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, May 21, 2015.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone - I've got another glass piece that has me puzzled. It's an amethyst glass trinket jar with lid. It measures about 3 1/2" tall and 3 1/2" wide. The glass has a slight ring to it. Any help regarding origins and time frame would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Don

DSC02662.JPG DSC02663.JPG DSC02665.JPG DSC02666.JPG

2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

It looks like a daisy and button pattern. Many EAPG (early American patterned glass) companies made daisy & button glassware, and there are contemporary reproductions, too.

3. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

Not Daisy and button remake of an older design post WW2. Try Kemple.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thanks, folks! Kemple is a good suggestion, George. I checked my Kemple book, though, and couldn't turn it up. The quality is just a half-step above Kemple (glass not quite as thick) but the color looks very similar to their wares. While I was about it I also tried Smith and Wheaton with no better results. Could very well be an import. Thanks to all who looked!
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted