American Brilliant Cut Glass Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kraftblue, May 22, 2015.

1. kraftblue

kraftblue Well-Known Member

Got this bowl for a good price! Sparkles like a diamond. Has 2 handles and 4 sections. What kind of bowl is it? Did not see any signature.

cutg.JPG cutg1.JPG

KingofThings likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

mom used one like that for olives pickles peppers & mini onions for the holidays.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. kraftblue

Thanks komokwa

KingofThings likes this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I would use it for M&Ms, gummy bears, bite size Mounds and spearmint leaves.
    It's the holiday for remembering those who gave their lives and those who stand guard so we can eat candy from cut crythal bowls.
    greg

KingofThings likes this.
  5. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

My aunt referred to hers as 2 handled sectioned/divided nappy...she always used hers for pickles, olives during appetizer time..and then for candy at dessert. It is a lovely piece..

6. kraftblue

There are just a couple REALLY tiny nicks here and there. I'm surprised the teeth on the edge are in pretty good shape. Usually they are chewed to bits.

KingofThings and janettekay like this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I'd call it a four part relish.

Signature may be on the flat part of the handle or some where around the handle. Acid etch, I find them easier if the bowl is slightly damp. Hold at various angles under a bright light.

8. kraftblue

Thanks Clutter, I'll look

KingofThings likes this.
  9. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Well said Greg.

dgbjwc likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted