Featured Am I middle Eastern or Asian ?

Discussion in 'Art' started by johnnycb09, Mar 8, 2024.

1. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Hi all.Didnt know where to put this so if its wrong the mods can move it. I found this lovely thing today and fell instantly in love. Then I picked it up and it weighs about 10 lbs! I think it might be sandstone ? Seems to have a reddish cast. Its 9x5 and any thoughts are welcomed. Even if its recent ,the details are well done and I just love her face !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kaiserpoo

Kaiserpoo Well-Known Member

3. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

I will name her the daydreamer. She is really adorable.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

I hope AJ chimes in but I dont remember how to tag someone. I think she might be from Bali,I saw others that looked like her.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Any Jewelry and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I thought Indian when I first saw it. Bali has a nice ring to it. That earring may be a dead giveaway for someone that knows what they are talking about.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think so too. I haven't seen this specific one before, but she looks like a modern Balinese sculpture, and those scroll/wave motifs on the base are very Balinese.
    She is very sweet.:)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    J Dagger, komokwa and johnnycb09 like this.
  8. johnnycb09

Thank you for chiming in.New or old she really appeals to me . Obviously she was in someones sun room or garden as shes got a touch of green,but I like that .Now to find the perfect spot for her . Appreciate everyones thoughts.

Draft saved Draft deleted