Aloha!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Laura808, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Laura808

Laura808 Member

Hi! I'm (obviously) new to the group, but a little background information about me....
    I am originally from the Middle and moved to Hawaii a little over 7 years ago. I've recently started up cycling (*cringe*) furniture here on Oahu because I kept seeing people throw away beautiful, quality older furniture, merely because it was unfashionable or had some minor cosmetic flaws. So, I started painting dressers for friends and now I support myself by "rescuing" my "furniture babies." I usually look for pieces that I find interesting and try to find out as much as I can about them, because each one has a story to tell. I'm very happy to be a member of such a wonderful group and hope that I can learn as much as possible from y'all and contribute to the group however I can! Thanks for letting me join your party!

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Hi Laura! Welcome.......we'd love to see your "rescues".....choose FULL IMAGE when you do!!

3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Welcome! Yes, we definitely want to see photos.

4. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Anyone that understands that this is a "party" from the outset is my kinda people! Welcome, and definitely show and tell the "babies"!!!

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, Laura!

6. Laura808

Laura808 Member

Good morning! Y'all know how to make a girl feel welcome!!! Thank you for all of your warm greetings! What a wonderful way to wake up :happy:

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

8. Laura808

Laura808 Member

You're so sweet!!! I'm a little embarrassed of some of my "early" work, but I feel like this is a warm and welcoming group, so it's a safe place! I'm not averse to any advice/comments/criticism that any one has to offer, so please never forsake honesty for courtesy.... (I DO feel like a bit of a blushing bride though!) Here's one of my first "babies"
    upload_2017-8-3_5-9-9.png upload_2017-8-3_5-10-37.png upload_2017-8-3_5-11-38.png upload_2017-8-3_5-11-21.png

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

perfect for the room of a little Princess.....or
    a one eyed one toed flying purple people eater !!! :hilarious:

nice work !!

10. Laura808

Laura808 Member

LOL!!!
    Thank you! My husband liked this one so much that he wouldn't allow me to sell it, so it got "up-cycled" from our bedroom (it had been our dresser for years) into our living room, where it's living a new life as a TV console/media center....

11. judy

judy Well-Known Member

No need to apologize for your "early works". You did a wonderful job.

12. Laura808

Laura808 Member

upload_2017-8-3_5-44-27.png upload_2017-8-3_5-44-38.png upload_2017-8-3_5-44-49.png upload_2017-8-3_5-45-7.png
    I fixed up a little Simmons dresser for my uncle. (He wanted a metal dresser, and Simmons are the best ones that I've found...)

13. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    Again I think since you've been here since April. :)

Christmasjoy and Laura808 like this.
  14. KingofThings

Christmasjoy and Laura808 like this.
  15. KingofThings

HOLY SHEB WOOLEY Komo!!!
    Saw him just yesterday on Rawhide. :)

16. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

17. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

You're right King, so perceptive!
    Welcome Laura, love the grey and red one.

18. Laura808

Laura808 Member

You are 100% correct! I'm just a little spacey, and forgot my password :happy:

19. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Watch out for those paint fumes.:D

20. Laura808

Laura808 Member

Thank you so much!!! These two have been my favorite so far
    upload_2017-8-3_9-20-4.png

Draft saved Draft deleted