Age & how to describe this Bedroom Set

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by trip98, Aug 12, 2014.

1. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

Kenbedset1.jpg I bought this set for my daughter 15 years ago from a neighbor. Daughter doesn't want it and I going to sell it. Unsure of age and selling price because I don't know what search terms to use. Ebay seems to bring up nothing similar.

2. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

Pennsylvania dutch farmhouse chic?

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I can tell why you are having a problem ..... :confused: The basic form is modern circa 1960. The cottage/colonial painting and those handles are very traditional. I can imagine how this furniture company made this same set in several ways to meet various tastes. Change the finish and the knobs and you have a very different looking set.

4. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

The original versions of "cottage" furniture were pre-WWI. (Think Gene Stratton Porter) There would be a bed, a dressing table & chair, and at least one chest of drawers. Green and yellow seemed to be the most popular colors, but they such sets can be found in blue, and occasionally pink. The flower decoration might be pansies in various colors, or roses and blue bells, etc. In the case of the above, the furniture itself is long past the late Victorian time, and as Brad said, changing the finish and the knobs will result in a very different article. A sensitive buyer would probably want to resurface the tops of both pieces -- and, if it were I, I'd leave that one drawer pull as is. (Really!)

5. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

hey all. thanks for the replies. Glad to know it wasn't just me having a bad day.

I lost the knob on it way to the garage....hoping it will turn up. The set actually has two twin beds, stool, and another low dresser besides what is pictured. i posted it on craigs list and gotten a lot of responses. Will see.

6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I think it's very attractive.

7. trip98

trip98 Well-Known Member

yeah, A little sad my daughter doesn't want it. She is 22 now and she hasn't really used her room since she started college. Now a graduate and employed! She going with her own style. (Kelly Wearstler like)

8. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

LOL! That's not even a 180. It's as if she spun herself right off the circle!

Draft saved Draft deleted