Age and type of lace?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by baileybae, Nov 22, 2023.

1. baileybae

baileybae Active Member

Hello, found some very pretty lace and I was wondering about the age and type of lace they are? T lace 2.jpg lace 3.jpg lace 22.jpg IA :)

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Lovely!
    I will tag our most knowledgeable lace person for you. I don't believe she is a daily visitor here but hopefully she'll be by someday soon. (She may need larger, well-focused, close-up photos.) :)
    @Northern Lights Lodge

Figtree3, baileybae, komokwa and 6 others like this.
  3. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

OOOH! NIIICE! Thanks for tagging me @bluumz! The last one is clearly handmade bobbin lace - probably Russian (not positive... but it has all the hallmarks of being modern Russian made. The middle photo is wonderful lace. Probably handmade - but... I can't see it up close enough to tell you more! Same about the tiny finer piece which is still in the box in photo #1.

I'll keep an eye open if you can post more close ups!
    Cheerio!
    Leslie

Any Jewelry, Figtree3 and bluumz like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted