Afraid I'm going to ruin an expensive antique

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by FaithM, Feb 23, 2022.

1. FaithM

FaithM New Member

IMG_20220223_130401__01.jpg IMG_20220223_125421__01__01__01__01__01.jpg This hutch was my grandma's. I got it when she passed away. I've had it for a few years now. One of my sister's recently told me it is an antique. Now I'm afraid to have it in my house, because my kids could ruin it (if they haven't already devalued it). Is it worth anything? As you can see, it has a few scratches. Also, it is being used a lot more than my grandma ever used it. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2022
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You can relax. It's not an antique. Colonial-inspired but 1960s or thereabouts. (That would make it vintage.)

Debora

3. FaithM

FaithM New Member

Thank you so much.

komokwa likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Others will be along who are more knowledgable about furniture than I and they will provide additional information.

Debora

komokwa likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Late 60s, possibly Ethan Allen. I have its siblings in back of me, stuffed full of junk. Tough and well-made but no antique/collector value. It's just solid furniture. The top half of your desk comes off; they were meant to mix and match.

6. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

What they said. No worries.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted