Abstract painting with Japanese or Chinese characters for signature - anyone know who artist is?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Sep 28, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This is another painting I found at a local thrift store; I found it interesting because I don't see many abstract paintings with oriental characters for a signature - but I also don't see many Japanese or Chinese character signatures done with gold flake/sparkle? (I'm also not sure if 1st character is a letter/character or maybe it's a symbol of some kind?)

Any thoughts on it (good, student, etc) and does anyone know who the artist is?

Much thanks in advance; any help is greatly appreciated!

ART PAINTING ABSTRACT WITH JAPANESE SIGNATURE 2AAb.jpg ART PAINTING ABSTRACT WITH JAPANESE SIGNATURE 4AA.jpg ART PAINTING ABSTRACT WITH JAPANESE SIGNATURE 4BAA.jpg

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Google translates it as Ying fu but I didnt find an artist as of yet.

3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I tried Google image search but none that came up looked like it.
    Thank you for trying!

4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

I think Google image search has this one wrong, it looks like 英美 - This is even more odd though as that's the Chinese phrase for the special relationship between the UK & USA. Not sure why that would be on an abstract work of art.

In Japanese it would be 'English beauty', and also some names such as Ayami and Eimi. Kind of hard to tell with abstract art whether it's Chinese, Japanese (sometimes Koreans use Chinese characters too). The only minor point is gold lettering in a red cartouche was traditionally more Japanese style of signature/marks.

verybrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted