Abstract Etching-Aquatint...Artist ID Help???

Discussion in 'Art' started by SPERLS, Jul 28, 2015.

1. SPERLS

SPERLS sperls

Any Help Appreciated...Signature is not easy to decipher IMG_20150728_163927039_HDR (1024x844).jpg IMG_20150728_163920709 (1024x699).jpg !!!

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I don't think that's a signature, but a notation indicating where this instance of the print fell in the print run and the size of the run. I think it says "17/117."

If it's not also signed by the artist, then I think it's possible the notation was put on by someone else.

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Ya , well that's an interesting theory, except for the fact that it's numbered 3/50 on the lower left where prints are traditionally numbered , & the lower right being reserved for the artists name.....which I'm not even going to guess at !

4. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Komo, on my screen, I can't make out what it says on the lower left, but I'll take your word for it. And if that's the case, I agree that the signature is hard to decipher... and I'm not going to guess at it, either!

5. cartoongirl

cartoongirl "Don't Blink!"

I had the same thought as Pat.

I'll start the guessing at Nan?

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Are you looking at it on a phone ?
    It's there on my computer screen.

I've been working with prints of all kinds for 25 years & in my experience the number is on the left , the title , if any is in the middle and the artist signs the bottom right...
    I've never seen the numbers underlined either.

7. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I'm viewing it on my laptop. Even after clicking the first image to enlarge it, the notation in the bottom left is very small and faint. I didn't recognize it as "3/50" until you wrote that's what is says.

I do see one possible name... "nillz"?

8. UserUnknown

UserUnknown Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted