A year or two ago I posted a portrait here and can’t find post now

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by J Dagger, Feb 21, 2023.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I’m going to have to start saving screenshots of valuable info from this site in a specific folder. I posted a portrait of a lady called Lucy Bridge, kin of Elizabeth Tower Bridge. I think they were from NY. I can’t find the post but I’d like to. Anyone have tips on searching this site?

Also I posted a vase here that ended up in the biggest coincidence ever, being made by a site member. Would also like to find that post if possible. I wish there was a feature where you could just search your own content for key words.

Everyone here had their breath taken away by this dame if you recall. A57C7662-2AE7-4AC0-8847-76F0E6E8F093.jpeg

kyratango and bercrystal like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

3. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

4. Bakersgma

"I wish there was a feature where you could just search your own content for key words." There is. The search box just above your name ^^ gives you the option to search for specific words, posted by you and if you wish in a given time frame. That's how I found the thread above.

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

6. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

What!? Do you use a desktop/laptop? I use the site on my iPhone and don’t see that option. That’s very good to know though. Just wish it and it shall be!

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.:( What a life he led, amazing man.:)

bercrystal likes this.
  8. Bakersgma

Yes, Dagger. Only on my desktop. The phone screen is way too small for these old eyes. ;)

bercrystal and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I have an Android phone. The search function is opened with a little magnifying glass near the top somewhere. (I'm on the computer right now.) You can put in keywords and also the username of the person who posted (that part is optional). The date option it gives is "newer than..." -- I don't remember being able to put in an ending date in the range.

I prefer searching with the computer version, but since I often log in with the phone I sometimes use it.

10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The magnifying glass is at the upper right, below the word "Alerts."
    Screen shot from my phone:
    Screenshot_20230222-093918_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
    Lucille.b likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted