Featured A New Learning experience

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by QuincyAK10, Jan 16, 2018.

1. QuincyAK10

QuincyAK10 Well-Known Member

After 55 years of buying and selling as a hobby I am partially retired as a teacher. Now I have more time for my hobby :). I was at a friends house helping him price up an houseful of items for an estate sale...The young estate attorney came in and said oh we have an estate of an antique dealer in which a few antique dealers came in and bought what they wanted and now we have to pay someone to cart the rest away...its right around the corner would you like to have a look? I felt I was speedy Gonzalez from the cartoon...I get there and see a shelf full of antique paperweights and another bookcase full of Steiff animals from the 60's-80's....I casually say there might be some things here I could use....I offer her $100 to take what ever is left before they pay someone...They were pleased and gave me keys to the house for the day... I filled up my car so full it was hard to drive and a friends car the same way. In knowing things were essentially free I took things I would have never normally taken a chance on... Now is my chance to expand my antique knowledge....hopefully with your help The first cat piece...Italian or Mexican? mid 20th century or something better....the second china piece export ware 1880-1920 based on paper label...any info will help my education :)sizes...cat 8" tall, dish 8.5" across cat 1.jpg cat 2.jpg cat 3.jpg cat 4.jpg cat 5.jpg china 1.jpg china 2.jpg china 3.jpg china 4.jpg china 5.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

You have what's officially known as a "research project". Congratulations on the haul!

judy, Joshua Brown, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

What the Helsinki happened with all your photos??? :(

4. QuincyAK10

QuincyAK10 Well-Known Member

I actually used Picasa to photo edit so they would be right side up....First time I have a problem with orientation of photos

judy, Joshua Brown and KingofThings like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

at least they are all facing the same side............or i'd sue you for whiplash..!!
    :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::eek::eek::eek::smuggrin::rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I don't know but I really like the paper mâché cat! <3

QuincyAK10 likes this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I like the kitty too! :cat: I don't think Mexican. Something about the depiction of the face reminds me of some French pieces so I'd include them in the research. It's probably unidentifiable though. I love the bowl too! At first I thought it was hobbyist but the feathers are so well done I changed my mind. China may be the country of origin and JH the importer?
    Don

QuincyAK10 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted