A little history

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by NH4012, Jun 19, 2018.

1. NH4012

NH4012 New Member

I've been a fan of Victorian, Arts and Crafts and Art Nouveau antiques for over half a century and live in a Victorian home with mostly original features including two functioning gas lights.

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, NH, and welcome! Your Victorian home sounds wonderful! Where abouts do you live? I've always thought living in a Victorian house would be rather nice, but somehow, I've always ended up in old colonials!

Welcome to the board - and feel free to post any of your special finds or features, as we'd love to see them!

judy, Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, NH!

"two functioning gas lights" Now that's commitment!

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. NH4012

NH4012 New Member

Actually, I joined this and a few other forums because I have a question about the appropriate shade design to use on a Weller Luwelsa lamp base with Bradley & Hubbard two bulb electric insert but found no useful forum on which to ask. So, I'm looking at a range of old and reproduction shades that I think would look good on it but can't figure out what sort it might have originally sported. Weller lamp sans shade small.jpg

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

12F38827-D83A-4CDB-9FC9-6AD46E83E922.jpeg Here’s the Welcome Wagon! :D
    Lovely lamp! You could start a new thread for it.

6. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Welcome! I do think you would get more replies if you posted the lamp in a separate thread.

judy, Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings

8. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    Following this thread because I have the exact same problem!

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, NH.
    Lovely lamp, I agree on a separate thread for it, not everyone looks at the introductions and the right title gets the right eyes on it.

Your house sounds great. We live in a mid-century house which which was designed by an architect who clearly lacked imagination. It looks like a shoebox with a rectangular chunk cut out of the top for my beloved south facing roof terrace. That last part was one of the selling points for us.
    Come to think of it, we bought the house for something that isn't there....:confused:

10. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME NH. !!! ... Joy.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted