A few more pics of items left

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Jim T, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Jim T

Jim T Member

Thought I would share a pics of a few more items that were left in a home my son purchased in a foreclosure. We are going to contact Rago Arts Auction Tuesday to see if they are interested in any of the items for (thanks Clutteredcloset49) Carved Marble.jpeg chair.jpeg chair2.jpeg Chair3.jpg Light.jpeg Pastor Chair.jpg Stained Glass.jpg Upstairs Mirror.jpg Upstairs Mirror 2.jpg Upstairs Mirror 3.jpg

2. Jim T

Jim T Member

The Marble piece is about 3' tall and weighs around 100lbs. There are 4 set of stained glass windows. This last picture is of a tag on the back of the mirror.

Attached Files:

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. Jim T

Jim T Member

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

How's the condition of that ceiling fixture, Jim? It's pretty dark, but from what I see, I like it. Can you tell if it's missing parts (a finial at bottom)? Can you tell what material it is? Size? Sorry for all of the questions, but I'm a light/lamp guy and that looks interesting.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Your architectural fragment is gothic revival and likely from a church. Suppose it could be from a grand house or other grand building as well. Chair with upholstered seat and back is late 19th century and without much to distinguish it. Light fixture is early electric circa 1910. Can't see enough of details to say much more about it. Tall back gothic revival chair, again, kind of churchy. Windows could be from a church but just as likely from any other type of public building. Late 19th or early 20th century, I would think. Mirror is probably a mantel top. Circa 1900.

Christmasjoy, AuDragon, judy and 3 others like this.
  7. Jim T

Jim T Member

I believe it is Bronze as it seems pretty heavy and it looks like it is complete. Its about 16" around and approx. 12' tall, I will measure tomorrow and try to get better pictures. I think it just needs a good cleaning.

Christmasjoy, judy and sabre123 like this.
  8. sabre123

Thanks, Jim.

9. Jim T

Jim T Member

Not sure of material, its fairly heavy so maybe bronze? It measures 16" across and about 13" tall. Also not sure if the green and blue coloring are original to the fixture.
    Light.jpg light1.jpg

*crs* and judy like this.
  10. sabre123

Those colors, with the gilding, were popular around the turn of the century during the Nouveau movement. Although, the blues were normally brighter. But in terms of whether they're true to this piece, I can't say.

Did you check it with a magnet? I would think brass more than bronze.

11. Jim T

Jim T Member

I did not check it with a magnet but will next time i am there....Thanks

Christmasjoy likes this.
  12. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Light fixture looks right to me for originality. Most likely spelter but could even be plaster with some metal parts.

Christmasjoy, *crs* and judy like this.
  13. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Nice piece BUT do not put the flame shaped bulbs in it. Flames burn up not upside down. Small round bulbs would look good on it. Sorry but the upside down bulbs just drive me crazy.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I have had several with that color combination when I was selling them.
    greg

Christmasjoy, Jivvy and Jim T like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted