A few hand colored photographs per request of Figtree

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Mill Cove Treasures, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

These are some of the 50 framed hand colored photographs that I mentioned on the finds thread. I need to find a better way to photograph these. You can see the reflection of my skylight in the glass. It makes the top portion appear darker.

The first one is a typical signed Wallace Nutting. You can see the line of lighter shadow cast by my skylight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a signed David Davidson - titled Four Friends

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

komokwa likes this.
  2. Mill Cove Treasures

These three are signed Standley pieces. The left one has the skylight reflection, it isn't discolored.

[​IMG]

The darker shadow at the bottom is a reflection of my hands and camera.
    [​IMG]

3. Mill Cove Treasures

I can't read the name of the lake in the photo above.

This one is Bierstadt Lake on the Continental Divide in Colorado

[​IMG]

Grand Lake Colorado
    [​IMG]

All three have this label on the back.

[​IMG]

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

They're all very sweet.
    Thx for show & tell !!! :)

5. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Those are gorgeous! Thanks for posting them ... it's nice that they are signed. I can't read the writing on the one of the lake that you can't read.

They are all beautiful. I think I like the "Four Friends" the best.

6. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Packed away, I have five or six of these, including a couple of Nuttings. I'd completely forgotten about them. The birches remind me of growing up in NH. That's one thing you don't see on Cape Cod.

7. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

I've got a David Davidson. It is titled "Joseph Lincoln Lane" that presumably shows Joseph Lincoln's home at the far end of the lane somewhere on Cape Cod. According to website write-ups about Davidson, "... his business ranked #2 in total overall sales of hand-colored photographs, with only Wallace Nutting selling more pictures than him." As this one has the large yellow sticker on the back, it dates no earlier than 1925 and no later than 1937. I found info on Davidson on this Nutting website back a few years ago, but can't find the info over there today.
    http://www.wnutting.com/nuttinglikepictures/index.html

I'm not at all sure where this lane and house were on the Cape. I believe Joseph Lincoln at one time lived in Chatham, but don't know if this is it for can't see enough of the house to ID it to online pics of his home in Chatham. Bev, is this location around the corner from you on the Cape?

BTW, I like Mill Cove's David Davidson's much better than this one.

--- Susan

Titled: "Joseph Lincoln Lane" and signed "David Davidson" under the pic:

JLHomeCapeCodDDScanFt.jpg

JLHomeCapeCodDDFrameFt.jpg JLHomeCapeCodDDScanLabel.jpg

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Ohh, I dunno.....this one is pretty special too !!!

Draft saved Draft deleted