A.A. Bottling Company?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by TomD, Dec 10, 2023.

1. TomD

TomD New Member

Hi, this is my first post! I have an A.A. Bottling Company crate from 1963. I cannot find anything on this company, other than stumbling accidentally on a Hydrox soda can bottled by them. Anyone have any info on A.A. Bottling?

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Re: Independent Bottlers
    Posted by: Jim R. (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
    Date: December 13, 2012 10:02PM

A.A. Bottling Co.made Hydrox soda for Certified Grocers,it was at 5251 S.Millard. They also made Squirt,Dr.Pepper,& Green River in the 60's.Half the building collapsed around 1966? My Father worked there for over 20 years. It closed in 1983

http://forgottenchicago.com/forum/read.php?1,4709

This may be what you found already.

3. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

4. TomD

TomD New Member

Yes that paragraph re Independent Bottlers is all I found. That pic of the crate is the one I have.

I can't find anything official like a company history, when they opened, what exactly they bottled and who for. Just a post here or there.

Most searches return "American Bottle..." which isn't right.

With the crates I collect I try to also get something from that company from same Era to display next to it.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

How are you dating the crate to 1963?

Debora

6. TomD

TomD New Member

It has a 6 - 63 stamped on the inside by the Mfg Standard Box Co Pittsburgh stamp/label.

bercrystal likes this.
  7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'm laughing. That seems pretty definitive, doesn't it?!

Debora

bercrystal likes this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

we live and die here by the required number of photo's........

9. TomD

TomD New Member

Debora yes sometimes it's easier than others! LOL.

I tried to upload pics but they were too large and couldn't figure out on phone how to reduce them so they could upload. But the one Rayo included is the same one.

Since it is 1963 I am surprised I can't find anything formal on them. But I am sure I don't know all the places to look.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Someone is sure to be along shortly, Tom, with instructions for posting photographs. And, not to worry. All new members have the same difficulty at first.

Debora

11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not sure how much information should be out there. A small, independent bottling company producing minor brands in the carbonated beverage category. Unlikely to have been a large operation (although they do seem to have left a number of crates in their wake.)

Debora

12. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

bercrystal and i need help like this.
  13. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

i need help likes this.
  14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

bercrystal likes this.
  15. TomD

TomD New Member

Thanks everyone. I am convinced that if you ever want to start a company and NOT be found start it with an A. or AA !

bercrystal and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted